Working effectively across cultures
This course gives clients the ability to communicate and work effectively with people from other cultures while considering and not violating their belief, valued rules, norms, and the expectations of the relationship. At the end of this course, clients will be aware of how their own cultural background and experiences have influenced their work, attitudes, values, and biases.
BENEFITS OF THIS COURSE
- In-depth cultural awareness and understanding of the impact of cultural differences
- The necessary foundation and tools to become culturally competent
- A better understanding of the cultural challenges facing multicultural workplaces
- The opportunity to enhance cultural sensitivity and competence
- Practical tools to reduce cross-cultural misunderstanding and encourage positive cross-cultural working relationships
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is ideal for organizations, teams or individuals who meet the following criteria:
- Your organization/business is growing its business beyond national borders
- Your organization and your staff are increasingly working with colleagues in other countries
- Your staff is becoming more culturally diverse
- You are involved in multinational projects and programs
This training course typically includes:
- What is multicultural?
- Cultural values and attitudes (time, space, group dynamics, authority, tasks, relationships)
- Communication styles
- Cross-cultural management skills
- Working together across cultures
- Developing cultural awareness
- Language issues
- Tips and strategies for specific countries